If you have been thinking about orthodontic treatment, here are some things you should know before seeing a Claremont Orthodontic.
What is orthodontic Treatment?
It is the procedure to correct crowded teeth and jaws. It also helps patients to improve their oral health.
When should I take my child to the orthodontic?
- The ADA recommends that kids be screened at 7 years old.
- Only about 10 -15% need care as early as 10 years old.
- Usually, pre-teens begin treatment at 12 – 14 years old once the permanent teeth are in place.
How do I know if my kid really needs braces?
There are seven symptoms that you can check for:
- Misplaced, crowded or blocked-out teeth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Thumb or finger sucking after the age of 5
- Jaw shifts or is misaligned when opening and closing
- Protruding teeth
- Late, early or irregular baby tooth loss
How much do braces cost?
I wish I could give you an answer to this one, but it depends on the extensiveness of the orthodontic dental treatment. You will have to consult with Claremont dentist at Ashton Avenue Dental Practice.