Every day at Ashton Dental Avenue Practice as a team we would always put our patient’s and employee’s wellbeing first. Amidst the pandemonium of Coronavirus (COVID-19), which is a common concern among everyone today, we are being extremely cautious and are providing sanitised, safe treatment environments for every patient who is visiting our practice. We as a team would continue protecting our patients and ourselves during this unique circumstance and help prevent the spread of this virus (Covid-19).
Ashton Avenue Dental Practice – Our team’s Preventive measures
- We are following the Precautionary Standards set by National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards and Dept of Health, Australian Govt.
- Apart from all standard infection control protocols, we are doing additional phone and a personal screening of patient, frequent cleaning of premises with disinfectant products, compulsory use of hand sanitiser, pre-procedural mouth rinse and many more.
- With the current circumstances, Ashton Avenue is unable to treat patients who arrive with a fever, heavy coughing or flu-like symptoms.
In the light of this scenario we would further like to enlighten our readers with facts on Corona Virus and measures to protect ourselves from the spread of this virus:
What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a large family of viruses that causes illness ranging from the common cold to more intense diseases such as SARS – Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome and MERS – Middle East Respiratory Syndrome. Coronaviruses are also labelled as zoonotic, it means they are transmitted between animals and people. These viruses have not been identified in humans in the past.
The common signs of contagion are fever, dry cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties and in severe cases, infections can cause pneumonia, kidney failure, severe acute respiratory syndrome, and even death. So, consider these symptoms seriously and if you are going through such symptoms call your GP and they will walk you through the procedures from thereon. If at all you have difficulty breathing, please contact the nearest hospital on an emergency purpose.
How to protect yourself from acquiring any infection?
- First and foremost, tip – You would have heard this a zillion times, but we would like to reiterate ‘Wash your hands frequently’! WHY? Because we use our hands throughout the day and encounter all kinds of public/common accessible surfaces and places, where there is a possibility of picking up the viruses.
- Wash your hands whenever you have contacted public places or public transport, give them a good wash with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- At all times avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose, especially after accessing common surfaces where you could pick up the viruses. WHY? Because your eyes, mouth, and nose could be contaminated by your hands and allow the viruses to enter your system.
- It is very challenging to maintain social distancing but in the given scenario and the awareness measures that are spread across the nations, anyone would understand such measures. WHY? We are aware that when we cough or sneeze the tiny droplets from our mouth or nose would shower around us unless we cover them with a tissue or cover our face with a bent elbow, maintaining a safe distance will help us to be safe and let others be safe as well!
- Practice respiratory hygiene while coughing or sneezing, do the dab! Make sure you cover your nose and mouth with a bent elbow or cover with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. WHY? The tiny droplets that one shower, while sneezing or coughing, would spread the virus.
- If you feel you are sensing some of the symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing, do not hesitate please call your local health authority and seek medical attention. They will guide you through the process of seeking medical care. WHY? Because this way you could protect others and prevent from spreading the viruses further. So stay at home safely and contact the local GP to walk you through the safe medical care.
Here are a few options on Infection Prevention and Training Courses you could partake with public availability:
We at Ashton Avenue Dental Practice sincerely want to ensure that we give you the most up to date information and advice about Corona Virus. To provide you with accurate information, we are sharing a few links to the Department of Health and other government websites accessed across our nation with their latest news and advice. We would like to reiterate that revisiting these pages regularly will allow you to be informed with the most up to date information.
The Government and International websites that provide the latest update on Coronavirus (COVID-19) regularly are:
- Situation Dashboard: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd
- Travel Advice: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/coronavirus-covid-19