Many of us are likely to encounter tooth loss at some point, whether due to injury, decay, or age. Luckily, dental implants can restore your smile, providing a robust and permanent solution for those gaps. Anchored securely into the jawbone, dental implants not only restore function but also bring back the beauty of a complete smile.
Visiting the dentist can often feel intimidating, but at Ashton Avenue Dental, you’re more than just a patient; you’re family. For over 40 years, we’ve been pioneers in providing exceptional oral care to the residents of Claremont and its surrounding areas. We’re proud to offer dental implants for those who have lost any number of teeth. But what types of dental implants are there, and which is the right fit for you?
Dental Implants: What Are They?
Over the course of a lifetime, teeth might be lost to decay, gum disease, or injury. This not only affects your smile but also the health of your remaining teeth. Dental implants are a durable and near permanent solution for this. They involve an artificial tooth, crafted to align seamlessly with your smile which is anchored securely into the jawbone.
The Different Types of Dental Implants
There are various kinds of dental implants, with each designed to address specific dental needs.
- Endosteal Implants: The most common type of implant. These are surgically implanted directly into the jawbone. After the surrounding gum tissue has healed, a second surgery connects a post to the original implant, onto which the artificial tooth (or teeth) is attached.
- Subperiosteal Implants: Instead of being inserted into the jawbone, these are placed on top of the jaw with the metal framework’s posts protruding through the gum. This type is suitable for patients who have minimal bone height or cannot wear conventional dentures.
- Zygomatic Implants: The least common type. These are only used if there’s not enough jawbone for the two traditional methods, and the implant is placed in the cheekbone.
Which one is right for you? The answer depends on your specific needs and the current condition of your jawbone. This makes the initial consultation critical. At Ashton Avenue Dental Practice, our experienced Claremont dentists will carry out a detailed examination, using advanced tools like our CBCT scanner to offer precise, comfortable, and detailed insights, ensuring you receive the most appropriate implant treatment.
How Many Dental Implants Should I Get? Single, Multiple and All-On-4™ Dental Implants?
Dental implants also cater to varying numbers of teeth that need to be replaced:
- Single Tooth Implants: As the name suggests, this type is used when only one tooth needs replacement. It consists of a single implant, abutment, and a crown, ensuring the new tooth blends seamlessly with the natural ones surrounding it.
- Multiple Teeth Implants: For those missing several teeth, multiple implants offer a solution. Instead of individual crowns, these implants typically support a bridge spanning the gap where teeth are absent.
- All-On-4™ Implants: A revolutionary approach, the All-On-4™ technique replaces all missing teeth with merely four implants. These implants support a full arch of prosthetic teeth, making it an ideal choice for those who have lost, or are about to lose, all their upper or lower teeth.
Dental Implants Cost in Claremont
The investment for a dental implant can vary based on several factors. At our dental clinic in Claremont, prices are influenced by the complexity of your case, the type of materials chosen, and the number of implants required. While seeking affordable care is natural, it’s crucial to remember that the cheapest isn’t always the best. At Ashton Avenue Dental, we pride ourselves on blending quality with value. With flexible payment solutions and acceptances of major Health Funds, we ensure your dental health doesn’t break the bank.
The Benefits of Choosing Dental Implants
Beyond their natural appearance, dental implants offer a wide ranging spectrum of benefits, from being a permanent solution to promoting better bone and oral health. They don’t compromise the adjacent teeth like bridges might, and they avoid the tissue damage potential of dentures. Furthermore, they’re comfortable, improve speech, and are easy to maintain. In essence, they represent a versatile, durable, and cost-effective solution for tooth replacement.
Why Choose Ashton Avenue Dental for Dental Implants in Claremont?
Our dedicated team, state-of-the-art equipment, and vast experience set us apart. We’re not just here to offer a service; we’re here to offer the best service. When you choose us, you’re guaranteed personal, professional, and welcoming care. And with our dental clinic conveniently located a short walk from Loch Street Station, our expertise is both exemplary and accessible.
If you’re considering dental implants or any other dental service, trust the team that treats you like family. Call Ashton Avenue Dental today at (08) 6183 3800 or book an appointment by visiting our website and take the first step towards a brighter, healthier smile.