PORCELAIN CROWN AND VENEERS
Porcelain veneers are one of the most effective and popular restorative treatments to rejuvenate teeth with discolouration, chips and in some cases to align crooked teeth to help create a beautiful smile.
Ashton Avenue Dental Practice, a cosmetic dentistry offers porcelain veneers and porcelain crowns services at low cost. Our dentist Claremont provides best possible experience to all our patients. Book your porcelain veneers appointment today.
Why choose porcelain veneers?
There are many reasons why you may require or desire porcelain veneers. Primarily it is to improve the appearance of your smile and front teeth. But whatever the reason, veneers are designed to straighten slightly crooked teeth and/or restore chipped or damaged teeth, and whiten your smile where regular whitening isn’t an option.
Some reasons why you may require dental veneers:
- Family inherited appearances: Some people have slight crowding in their front teeth, where they don’t want braces. Others may have gaps or discoloured spots or even unusually shaped teeth.
- Trauma: some have had an accident at some point where they have chipped or cracked their front teeth or required a root canal, causing the tooth to go grey.
- Childhood antibiotics: Although not as common these days, certain antibiotics given to children had been known to leave horizontal stains on front teeth. In most cases, bleaching is ineffective. Porcelain veneers have been found to be very effective in improving these people’s smiles.
- Wear and Tear: With age our teeth do wear down. This can deteriorate a person’s smile and self-confidence. Veneers are a great option to improving a person’s smile.
How long does it take?
This procedure usually takes two to three visits to complete, spread over two or three weeks.
- Visit 1: The first visit is the longest. Depending on how many teeth are being prepared, it can last between one to two hours. This visit involves preparing the tooth for space to glue the veneer. Usually 0.5 mm of tooth is reduced, depending on the situation. Local anaesthetic is used for the patient’s comfort. Information about the patient’s mouth is also gathered so that the technician making the veneer shell can make it as accurate and to suit the individual’s mouths as possible. Some of this information includes taking impressions of the persons upper and lower teeth, a measurement of how their teeth come together, the shape required by the patient and of course the colour and brightness. At the end of the visit the patient is made a temporary plastic shell to cover and protect the area of the tooth that has been reduced. This is to ensure there is no sensitivity and that the teeth appear reasonable until the final result is inserted. Because it is simply a temporary, the patient should be careful at all times over those two weeks.
- Visits 2 & 3: The final visit is to try the veneers in, make sure they fit well and that the shape, appearance and colour is satisfactory to the patient. Sometimes, adjustments are required or the technician needs to see the patient for him/herself, and it may require a third visit. Assuming all is good with the try in of the veneers, it is then time to cement the veneers in. The procedure is very moisture sensitive, so the dentist may numb the area for the convenience and comfort for the patient. Once they are cemented, they then need to be trimmed exactly to the patients bite and polished accordingly.
How long do porcelain veneers last?
On average, you can expect your veneers to last 8-10 years before they may require repair or replacing. We provide you with some handy hints to ensure that they last longer. Regular care and maintenance is crucial. This involves thorough cleaning and flossing each day, twice a day. Regular check-ups with our team will ensure that any unexpected problems can be dealt with early. Similarly, we can instruct you on some of the behaviours to avoid. For example, excessive chewing and clenching and other bad habits (like opening bottles with your front teeth), may cause the porcelain and/or enamel to crack and break. Overall, if you take care of your teeth and gums then your reward will be a dazzling smile to keep.
A traditional dental crown can solve a host of problems, from lost fillings and root canals to cracking or fracturing of the tooth. Porcelain crowns, available to all our dental patients are similar to porcelain veneers; however, crowns cover the entire tooth so that they can provide structural support to the damaged tooth. Porcelain crowns can also be used to cover teeth that are simply not aesthetically pleasing due to discoloration.
Low Cost Porcelain Crowns Services
Our skilled dentists will make an initial impression of your teeth, and tailor the crown to fit the exact dimensions of the damaged tooth. They will then fashion the porcelain crown to match the colour of the rest of your teeth. To achieve this, we work with only the best dental labs in Western Australia, which provide custom shading for your teeth. Porcelain crowns have been known to last decades with proper care, and can even help with chewing or speaking problems that may have been caused by the damaged tooth. One of the most common dental treatments, porcelain crowns can brighten your smile in just two office visits!